• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dinked/scratched glass and safety

wufishy

Hi guys,

I was scaping a new 60p aquarium and I accidentally hit the long side of the tank with a piece of rock (I classify it as a hit bc it made a sound). What resulted was two pinhole sized superficial scratch that I can barely see (barely captured on the camera) but I can definitely feel. I don’t mind the look that much but I’m wondering if it’ll compromise the structural integrity of the glass.

If it’s fine I’d rather not replace it because the logistic of getting a fish tank to where I live is rather annoying and this is a particularly high end opti-white model, it’s made like a UNS aquarium with 45 degree joins . But if it’s screwed then I’ll take the hassle over netting fish and glass all over the floor (also maybe upgrading to an ADA?).

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_2078.jpeg
    IMG_2078.jpeg
    624.4 KB · Views: 64
Completely fine mate, these things unfortunately happen and in your case, not overly severe.
Thats some good news. Cheers!

I tend to eventually scratch things when cleaning anyways but I never made a scratch by impact. Reassuring to know that it won’t cause the aquarium to explode.

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

I have an AQuael 60 Litre Hexagon Aquarium.
One of the glass panel is broken and wondering whether I can just buy the panel separately and fit it instead of getting a new aquarium

Attachments

• IMG_3330.jpg
    IMG_3330.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
Back