• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Disaster" or a new dawn?

a1Matt said:
Good point Luis, I guess cutting the excess roots away as you take the pot out is the easiest way around it.

So after three weeks I decided to take out all the pots, one by one, trim off any dead leaves & trim the roots if necessary!
The plants have all shown very strong growth although the old leaves were still alive I decided to trim away all
the old ones & just leave the new ones.
There were also roots showing so I cut these back too - the pics shows new growth after trimming old leaves but before trimming roots.
planttwo.jpg

All I can say is from the first picture I thought WOW.

The first pic is almost likeon of those modern 'fake' fireplaces. I mean in a good way. The plants being the 'flames and the large stones like those white 'coals' that are put in the tray in front of the glass.

Once the other stones were in it completed the substrate much better and just looks awesome :)

Love it

AC

An update ... I have discovered that Crypts are very sensitive!
I guesse most of us know about Crypt melt & have experienced it at some time however I have discovered just how fickle these plants can be!

Just by lifting a pot out of the water to trim dead leaves or cut back long roots will cause the plant to lose some additional seemingly healthy leaves.
Even without any trimming but by just moving one pot to a different position in the tank will caurse obvious leaf melt!
Other than that, the tank is working very well, virtually no algae visible & strong plant growth.

I have now completely given up with the UP atomisers due to them clogging up, I cant seem to get them clean enough to work efficiently after about 3-4 months even at 2.5bar.
So its back to my tried & trusted needle wheel pump...

Back