• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

diy reactor

danmil3s

im going to have to build a diy reactor for my new fx5 the filter pipes are 1" what diameter pipe would be best to use as the body off the reactor should i stick near the 1.5" mark or should i try and go larger plan on makeing it about 500mm long co2 entering at the bottom water at the top its for a 750l tank but would like it to be able to cope with higher volumes of gas if necessary any help appreciated it will be similar desigen to Ed Seeley 's here
http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4626

Morning I found that after fitting my AM1000 to the output of my Eheim 2076 I struggled to get sufficent flow to get a really good interaction of pumped water and gas. Obviously the bigger the volume of your reactor the more flow you will need to get that interaction to get the reactor to fully disolve the co2. I found I had gas pockets building sometimes. When I put a dedicated Eheim circ pump and seperate pickup and return together with the AM all was solved. Really good reaction ending up with virtually zero visisble bubbles and after a bit of time I now realise my Co2 usage has considerably reduced still getting a good drop checker colour. I guess all you can do is give it a go, and hose lenghts and heights will all play a part, have fun Colin.

That looks pretty trick. Can you see any CO2 bubbles or if the FX5 doing a good job of crunching it up. I'd imagine in a filter that size you would have a good chance of getting full absorbtion, Colin.

cant see any bubbles in the tank mate. its on the out flow side, so the co2 bubbles don't go in the filter. the fx5s not really crunching anything, got to be better for the filter. it was really simple to do probably took 20 minutes.

Back