• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY Spraybar for Eheim Tubing

Yeah you got to keep the pace not to get blisters..

Thanks! Did you end up using the extruded version of the pipe in the end?

Yes I did, and drilling it was not a problem (no cracks at all), although I did use a small high speed modeller's drill rather than a typical heavy duty DIY drill/driver type; whether or not that made a difference I have no idea.

In the end the drilling and bending was pretty easy, athough as I mentioned earlier I did overheat the tube and caused it to bubble somewhat. I'll try again later and hopefully do a better job; on reflection I wish that I'd bought double the amount of tube to allow for mistakes as the two 2m lengths of tube cost a combined £11 and the shipping alone £20 :wideyed:.

The one other thing to be aware of is that the tube is shiny and, despite my best efforts to a) rough it up a bit with sandpaper and b) heat the hose before inserting the tube into it as far as possible, it did slip off when i was tidying up the pipework resulting in a bit of panic when water started appearing from underneath the aquarium :eek:. A few jubillee clips soon put paid to the chances of a recurrence of that!

Good luck!

Back