• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Do!aqua mini m high tech

Thanks everyone, first trim is imminent. Both of the rotala are reaching the surface now and I have thinned the downoi out as was getting huge, I just moved some to my tmc.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

This has gone a bit mental of late, really need to trim and I will be on Saturday. I'm going to thin the downoi again as it is still far to much.

I will not be using this particular soil again as in the 2 tanks I have used it I have large amounts of bugs and such (Cyclops and whatnot) this would be fine if I had fish in these tanks but they are both shrimp tanks. Also the advertised buffering is not ..well, what was advertised :)

I will not be using this particular soil again as in the 2 tanks I have used it I have large amounts of bugs and such (Cyclops and whatnot)
I hate to tell you but I've had those in all my shrimp tanks using ada amazonia, africana and now ebi gold. I just take it as a sign of good water quality. I might, of course, be wrongo_O

Ha fair enough lindy thanks for the heads up. Its more the buffering I'm not too happy with. Started with a nice 6.5 but after a month only get about 6.8 I'm just going to have to stop being so cheap

e4upazem.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Looks absolutely stunning Ali, well done mate, great job :)

y6uzyhut.jpg

Filter upgrade..... Nearly same volumm as the tank.... Ha but it is very old so has lost a lot of power and packed with media so creates a good flow :) just needs so.e nice pipes now

looking excellent mate love the mini m ;) any nice new close ups of the tank :rolleyes:

When will there be a tank on the stand next to it, that's the big question:cool:
Ed, that tank is going to a new home, my friend has a 1 year old girl and wants her to have a tank as she grows up so I am donating it to the hobby if you will :)
looking excellent mate love the mini m ;) any nice new close ups of the tank :rolleyes:
Dean, unfortunately the move has left this neglected and although the insitu shots may look great it needs some love close up, so not really too enthused to upload any shots right now but watch this space.

Do have baby cherries running about as well so a nice thick layer of brown algae is keeping them healthy :)

This has become an absolute state!! I has a wall of riccia across half the tank where it had got too buoyant and lifted and the stems had got so long the engulfed the surface letting no light through. The cherries loved it though. I have had 2 broods since adding 2 males and 3 females just after start up.

I gave it a hack today and I do mean a hack, just cut anything with algae touching it and planted a bit of hc to replace the riccia (what a pita)

Will get some pics up if it recovers but I'm very tempted to tear it down! :(

Back