• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Do i have enough light?

Danlyall1986

Hello everyone quick question. I have the evolution aqua freshwater aquarium I currently have a twinstarstar 900s light. Was wondering if I have enough light as it's quite a deep tank.

Thanks

Hello everyone quick question. I have the evolution aqua freshwater aquarium I currently have a twinstarstar 900s light. Was wondering if I have enough light as it's quite a deep tank.

Thanks
33398938276_37c2bce092_z.jpg

too many models..
Model - 900S

• LED Source : RGB-W
  • Color Temperature : 6500K
  • Lumens : 4900lm
  • Power : 65watts
  • LED Life Span : 30000 hrs

Twinstar - LED Light - 900ES
Power consumption52 W
Luminous flux3950 Lumen

Thanks I have seen that but its a bit over my head. Is my light sufficient for my aquarium depth then?
For starters define "quite a deep tank" in real numbers.

600mm water depth?
considering that you are referring to "the" S which is 25% stronger than the ES..
3950 x 1.25 is approx 4900 lumens so number checks.

PAR at 300mm is estimated at 172
@ 600mm a good guess would be 75-ish so should be good for many plants.
Even going w/ the inverse sq rule would put you at 42 but it really doesn't hold well w/ multiple point light sources and reflection/refraction involved.

Last edited:
The simple answer is yes, it most probably is.

The slightly less simple is, depends what you want to grow?a carpet really

What size is the evolution aqua freshwater aquarium?
what do you want to grow?
will you be using C02?
My plants I've currently got are ludwigia palustris. Pogestom helferi, amazon sword bolbitis. And monte carlo which isn't growing really, was thinking light might not be enough or maybe the substrate?

What size is the evolution aqua freshwater aquarium?
what do you want to grow?
will you be using C02?
Sorry I've got presurized co2 which I thing I've got dialled in haha me pH drops 1 point which I believe going off what I've read is right?

With the light and tank you have, there should be sufficient light to grow all the plants you mention. None are especially demanding of high light.

As @oreo57 mentions, the light intensity even at substrate, level is decent.

Monte Carlo can take a while to get going, for me at least. I'd also look again at your co2 and make sure bubbles are getting down to the bottom of what is quite a deep tank. If you have a drop checker move it around at the tank to double check.

Pics always usefully too.

Back