• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Do I need a filter?

PaulP

I'm starting my nano tank but I don't want any fish or shrimp in it(Well I'm going to try hard :lol: ). Just want to grow plants.

It's the 25L P@H Cube. Will be using Liquid carbon and maybe also Yeast based co2. Was planning to just use a power head to create some kinda flow around the tank? will the power head be enough? or would I need a filter even though I won't have any livestock?

Yeh I was thinking that too, but what about if I was using the liquid carbon wouldn't i need to have like a power head to help it get around or would it be fine with the power head?

You would be able to get away with a powerhead, but you're going to need to dose ferts if you're going with CO2 and high light.

What light are you going to use ?

Regards

I have Tropica plant nutrition +? I think its called. I bought it a while ago for another tank but haven't used it. will that be ok? As for light its just a clip light desk light I got from Ikea. It's a 28W Halogen. Is that ok? or do I need something better?

Back