• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Do Pendant Lights Shine In Your Eyes?

Harry Muscle

I'm thinking of getting a pair of Week Aqua T90 pendant lights but I've never used pendant lights before and one of my concerns is that they will get annoying because they will shine in my eyes when I'm watching the tank up close at tank level. For those that use pendant lights, do you find that they shine in your eyes when you're watching the tank up close? If you had to do things over, would you choose to use pendant lights again?

Thanks,
Harry

Use a shroud/cover for my AI Primes. Entire tank gets lit but I can’t see the actual LEDs unless I’m right next to the tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As per my reply to the same query in the other thread, I have the T90's. I was concerned that might be an issue, and had planned to make some shades, but it's not been an issue at all.

I wonder if this is in part to the fact that I have them above head height, so when viewing the tank they are always above my eyeline (think of the house light we use).

I also think the lens these lights use, and the fact that the existing body of the light extends below that lens, both prevent glare. For example, I used to get much more glare from my previous Vivid 2 lights with their flat exposed panels above the tanks than I do with these lights.

Use a shroud/cover for my AI Primes. Entire tank gets lit but I can’t see the actual LEDs unless I’m right next to the tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How do you find the freshwater AI primes?

Have a salt water one I’m very impressed with

How do you find the freshwater AI primes?

Have a salt water one I’m very impressed with

I like them a lot. I’ve had a couple of lights over the years and these have the best functionality, quality and form factor. Had older Kessils and they weren’t for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back