Do you know this regulator?

Medoka

Hello All,
I have got a CO2 regulator and planning to use for my 50 lt. However, i can not be sure if this is reliable one. This is coming from another hobbyist. Hence,i assume it was used for aquarium. I can not understand itd brand so cant google it.
Any commends woild be excellent.
Thank
20200919_221939.jpg
20200919_221951.jpg
20200919_221939.jpg
you

Medoka

Yes it seams so! At least from the price range, i guessed:) menahwile i need solenoid valve amd bubble counter. I have only regulator as seeen in the picture. Any recommendation on the valve?

Medoka

:thumbup:
Not bad quality those regs!;)
Yes it seams so! At least from the price range, i guessed:) menahwile i need solenoid valve amd bubble counter. I have only regulator as seeen in the picture. Any recommendation on the valve?

hogan53

Global Moderator
Staff member
Hi
I would purchase a decent valve!
You don't want it sticking on the open position and gasing your inhabitants:eek:
There are loads out there...depends how much you want to spend;)
hoggie

Medoka

Hi
I would purchase a decent valve!
You don't want it sticking on the open position and gasing your inhabitants:eek:
There are loads out there...depends how much you want to spend;)
hoggie
Many thanks for your input. I think my budget is around 40 £. Do you think i should increase the budget.Any recommendations for a novice can be helpful !

Last edited:

hogan53

Global Moderator
Staff member
Hi
I don't think Co2 Art "one of our sponsors" has available separate solenoids for sale!
Have a look at Co2 Supermarket....there are a few options within your budget;)
hoggie

Medoka

Hi
I don't think Co2 Art "one of our sponsors" has available separate solenoids for sale!
Have a look at Co2 Supermarket....there are a few options within your budget;)
hoggie
Many thanks Hogan, Just checked Co2 Supermarket and another quick question, there are two items in CO2 supermarket and I think they are same except one of them has needle valve. What is the purpose of this component?
https://www.co2supermarket.co.uk/solenoid-with-needle-valve-for-co2-planted-aquariums-p228.html

hogan53

Global Moderator
Staff member
Hi
All though you have an open and close knob on your reg.
You can fine-tune your Co2 output with this valve!
You just need to have all the valves open doing this;)
hoggie

hogan53

Global Moderator
Staff member
Although I've never owned one of these Aqua Medic regs!
Just another point, you will need to select a diffuser that will run at 1.5bar as this working pressure is pre-set with this regulator, I think!
hoggie🍻

Medoka

Although I've never owned one of these Aqua Medic regs!
Just another point, you will need to select a diffuser that will run at 1.5bar as this working pressure is pre-set with this regulator, I think!
hoggie🍻
Hello Hogan,
I know,when i take a looomay diffusers on amazon or proshrimp,i can not see pressure related info. How can i be sure the diffuser i will buy can run 1.5 bar?
Thank you
Emre

hogan53

Global Moderator
Staff member
Last edited: