• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dosing from day 1?

Dead Bonsai

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice please? I've just set up my first planted tank, it's a 240L with Tropica substrate, led's and CO2. I've bought the dry EI starter kit from AquariumPlantFood, should I be dosing as per the instructions from day one? I'm sure I read to wait about a fortnight, but to be honest I've read so much information recently to try and do everything correctly that I might be wrong about this. Also I've been readin about how important iron is to the plant growth, should I also be adding some form of iron supliment along with my starter kit?

Thanks in advance for any help or information, it's always very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Scott.

No, just does EI.

You won't have a clue what your substrate or water provides in terms on nutrient, so just dose EI as per instructions. Lack of iron is rarely an issue, usual symptoms people get, that they attribute to lack of iron, is actually lack of Mg, usually because they falsely assume there is Mg in their water and roll their own fertilising scheme failing to dose the cheapest EI ingredient.

Great, thanks for the swift reply. So to clarify, no iron needed and start my dosing regime straight away?

Back