• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

dougs lido 120

dougstar

hello everyone this is a project that has been in the wings for some time. bought the tank about three years ago and it sat in my garage until last year September. the first pic is the result of the last 6 months +- .
its was just low tech and i was dosing with seachem comprehensive and just some gravel from a garden shop. about two weeks back i bought a co2 canister regs diffuser one way valve.
16636500970_d199dd35dc_c.jpg

so yesterday i redid my tank, i have added a bag cal aqualabs black earth premium changed the the wood (which still floats :banghead:) and added some new plants. vallisneria spiralis, a small bunch in the front left corner (not sure advice please) and some amazon swords 16218796344_73a0b2e257_c.jpg

16815253566_d37586acf6_c.jpg

16653588658_5c799474bd_c.jpg

i have reduced the live stock - a pair pearl spotted garamis and three SAE. this is day one hope you all like it
doug :)

hey roy!

With the vallisneria spiralis its better to split up the plant into 3--4 small clumps

are they the plants in the front left? sorry for total ignoranceo_O hey how big will it grow?

in the pic i have three of these back right. i had them in quarantine for a week. HATE SNAILS! as a result the long leaves got blitzed
so im still in ot sure whats in the front left

055A.jpg

i suspect it may be lilaeopsis brasiliensis which is the pic below and if it is will grow 7.3 cm. may be wrong
040_1.jpg

good morning everyone, i have been watching this grow on my moss for a while and im not sure what it is ??? is it the dreaded (BBA)
what i did this morning is remove my reflectors, is there some thing more that i should be doing? any advice will be welcome

17220222131_b62009d989_b.jpg

Back