• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Drop Checker goes green immediately

ukco2guy

Hi,

Just received my delivery from Aqua Essentials (i must say excellent service) containing some 4dkh water to go with my recently purchased Drop Checker. I`m adding just under 2ml of 4dkh and 3 drops of the reagent but as soon as they make contact the water turns a dark green. I have placed it into the tank and left it for a couple of hours but it`s still a dark green colour. Isn`t this supposed to be blue before it goes into the tank? Also cleaning out the drop checker (if their is an issue with my reagent or 4dkh) any recommendations?

Cheers,

Hi

4dkh + Co2 reagent (Bromo Blue) are mixed it turns blue straight away and then changes colour depending on your co2 ppm within the water column.

Regards
paul

Hi, ok so their might be an issue with the bromo blue that i have as it almost immediately turns green before entering the tank? I`ll setup another test in a test tube and see if i get the same result then change the bromo blue with another from aqua essentials. The one i have came free with the drop checker from ahem Malaysia so it might be dodgy.

Cheers,

Update:

Cleaned out the Drop Checker and re-applied it with 3 drops of the PH indicator solution from my Nutrafin test kit with the 4DKH water and it turns a nice pale blue straight away, I`ll leave this in and check again tomorrow to see if any change in colour. I read up about others having issues with Asian supplied reagent, i`ll chuck that away. I presume it`s ok to use my regular ph indicator solution or should i go buy some from Aqua Essentials?

Cheers,

Hi,

No problem, i should have updated sooner but the DC has been running fine for the last couple of weeks, changes around 1-2hrs after co2/lights come on etc. So all is well with the DC. Cheap to run and no test kit :) Just got to sort out a clarity issue with the water, think that`s being triggered off when adding my csm+b trace ferts but that`s another story!

Cheers,

Back