• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Drunk idea but why not!

While under the influence and gaping into my tank (Friday night) I wondered based on the programme I watched about tanks and how the armour was thicker just by angling it. Would faster better reaction times be achieved if the DC same shape as mine anyway was tilted to a 45 degree angle? Achieves more surface area exposed to air trap and also less co2 bubbles getting in to the inlet! Or should I just go to bed.

Mines the chameleon type btw

Just tried it with mine it prevents tiny co2 bubbles from rising into it which should make it more accurate, off to bed lol

I did a bit of sober science today and realised if I tilt the DC I actually lose some air so I guess there's more air trapped when the DC is upright. Still not sure whether the other points of co2 bubbles not rising into or the surface area of the bubble are valid :?

I agree DC are not exact science and just fractionally better than other common ways of calculating the co2 content. I read a post about co2 bubbles entering the DC and how the surface area of the water exposed to the air affecting reading and getting faster reaction times. Putting the DC at 45• Seems to improve two of these problems but like I say reduces the amount of trapped air which again affects reaction time so jury's out. any thing that makes it more accurate I guess is worth a shot.

Back