• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DTL's Planted tank journal

DTL

Have just set up my first planted tank after many years in the aquarium hobby both freshwater and marine.
Looking forward to sharing ideas and hopefully getting advice from fellow members.

Here's a pic of my tank at 45 days old - almost time for a trim.
Any comments welcome.

dsc00474za.jpg

Cheers,
David

Hi David and welcome along.
The tank looks great, seems you've already mastered the art of growing plants very well!
You should start a journal up.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Looks great, really healthy and filling in quickly.
some tank specs; sizes, lighting, filtration, co2 etc would be great for us geeks now its in the journals section.....any pics of set up would be nice also if you have any.....plus of course any questions or issues your having that we may be able to help you with :thumbup:....not that it looks like you have any!
Cheerio,
Ady.

Wow, beautiful tank! Nice to see someone else north of the border.

Lindy

Looks great, really healthy and filling in quickly.
some tank specs; sizes, lighting, filtration, co2 etc would be great for us geeks now its in the journals section.....any pics of set up would be nice also if you have any.....plus of course any questions or issues your having that we may be able to help you with :thumbup:....not that it looks like you have any!
Cheerio,
Ady.

Ady & Lindy,
Thanks for the kind remarks - here's some details of my set up:

Tank : 285L APS – Very happy with this package – no problems with anything supplied quality wise.

Filtration : Eheim Pro 3 350T, and Eheim pro 3 250

Additional circulation : 2 x Koralia Hydor Nano 600s – Have 1 of the larger ones on order.

CO2 : 7Kg cylinder with glass /ceramic diffuser

Additional kit : Eheim Skim 350 surface skimmer, TMC V2 auto Top-Up, 150L tank for pain free water changes.

Ferts : EI via 2 x DIY peristaltic pumps

DIY Ferts Auto Dose System | UK Aquatic Plant Society

Substrate : 10 L Tropica plant substrate under 60 KG of fine grain gravel

Lights : 4 x 54W T5 10,000 K – new combo on order

wow great looking tank looks very healthy keep us posted :thumbup:

Dean

love the scape and think i will buy one of them ikea lights for a dusk look, looks brilliant but probs not as good on a shallow tank like mine but might try it

Dean

Thought I'd post a brief update.
Since installing my reactor have been getting great growth but with all the stem plants, the density was definitely restricting water flow, so I pulled most of the faster growing types and added a couple of aponogetons, some valisneria, and another crypt, along with planting out a bunch of cuttings from my staurogyne along the LHS. Much happier with the more open format now.
Here's a couple of recent pics

yje7upet.jpg

epeda5uq.jpg

u4yja5uv.jpg

2ebygyqy.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back