• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Duckweed silly question

devo

Hi, I have duckweed, duckweed is good.... but how do people stop it getting everywhere ? If I do anything at all with the tank it gets everywhere. On me, on my clothes, on the carpet, on the wall, in the sink. Then, like a murderer on CSI, you can follow me round the house by duckweed on door handles, light switches and so on. OK, so I'm a chaotic messy person in general, but how do other people cope ?
David

Hi all
f I do anything at all with the tank it gets everywhere. On me, on my clothes, on the carpet, on the wall, in the sink. Then, like a murderer on CSI, you can follow me round the house by duckweed on door handles, light switches and so on. OK, so I'm a chaotic messy person in general, but how do other people cope ?
Same happens to me, I've now got a floating mat of Riccia as well, and that is even more "sticky". It drives my wife mad when she finds the shriveled remnants.

I usually have a big thin with the aquarium net every couple of weeks, and I'm slowly replacing my Duckweed (Lemna minor) with Amazon Frogbit (Limnobium laevigatum), but I'm pretty sure I'll never remove all of it or the Riccia, even if I try and I am a bit of a Lemna lover.

Your more than welcome to some other floaters, I've always got spare.

cheers Darrel

I have a tub of water to swill my hands in by the tanks, n a towel,

Then it's off to the sink to wash my arms, surgeon stylee

I remember having duck weed years ago,put me off for life, it blocked light the filters and as you say gets everywhere:) .

Get some ducks!

I have it in our Walstad bowls at school and I get the kids to pick it out. It is still there but getting less as we slowly replace it with frogbit.

Back