• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dymax IQ3 Lighting

tomsteer

Hello all,

I received my Dymax IQ3 nano tank off eBay yesterday, got it for a bit of a bargain and I'm hoping to set it up at work.

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/content.php?sid=2546

Anyway, the LED lap that comes with it might be enough to help you find your keys but I can’t see it being that good over plants.

What I'm hoping to do in this little tank is a simple HC Iwagumi style scape, and my question is how much light would I need.

I'm looking at the Arcadia "Arc Pod" 9w and 11w, the 9w would fit the dimensions of the tank better i.e. not overhang too much but is 9w going to be enough to grow HC in this tank, I am planning on running a small pressurised CO2 system and dosing EI.

If 9w isn’t enough, asthetically I would prefer 2 9w units over a single 11w unit but then I assume that would be massive overkill.

Obviously it’s a very small tank but I don’t think the usual WPG yardstick works. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to advise.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Back