• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Easy aqua super mist atomiser and TMC V2 Pressure regulator

jon32

Hi guys.

Just testing my new co2 setup and ran into a problem with this diffuser. It won't produce any bubbles or mist whatsoever.

I'm using a 2kg FE with a TMC V2 reg and right hand gauge shows 30 psi.

Rest of the kit is:
Easy Aqua Super Mist Atomiser- large
Easy Aqua Bubble Counter with Double Check Valve.
and 2m of CO2 Tubing came with it.

I tested the regulator for leaks and it's all good.

I had it connected to the bubble counter with built in double check valve and the regulator is working great.

I had maybe 1 bps going all night long and nothing happened.

I turned the bubble count way up and all that happened was the bubble counter leaked. Then I checked the tubing and other connections for leaks and none were found. So removed bubble counter and ran a short line straight to the atomiser, still nothing after half an hour or more. Taking off the atomiser I get a ton of co2 bubbles coming through the cO2 hose, so I know it's definitely coming though just not through the atomiser.

Is 30 psi not enough pressure to work this atomiser?

If iam right that's about 2 bar? I had to run mine near 3 bar is your Woking pressure adjustable? If so bring it up slow till you get bubbles. Have a search on the forum thers is more detailed posts about setting them up

ant

Thanks chaps. I think the reg is fixed working pressure but I'm not 100% on that. There's no mention of it in the instructions. There is a big hex nut in the middle of the reg but it doesn't move by hand. I'm sure an adjustable reg would see it working but I thought 2 bar would be enough as well. I'll give the bleach a go.

Cheers

Back