• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Easy carbo

JenCliBee

Hi all, what would you say was the ideal time frame for dosing carbon before lights on.... 1hr, 2hrs?

Ive always tried to dose ferts and carbon 1-2hrs before lights on but is there actually a rule for a better time?

Thanks

Jen

I've read on here that liquid carbon is only useful for the first few hours of being put into the tank. I add it an hour before lights on with my ferts. If I can find the post relating to it I'll pop the link up. It's something to do with it losing its concentration or something after so long in the water

My photo periods tend to start around half 4 when I get in from work. I dose when I get in sometimes before lights on and sometimes just after. If i'm off work sometimes I will flick a tanks lights on a few hours early, when this happens I dose when flicking them on.

I think it was Tom who tested or someone from TBR and it's life was around 11-12 hours.

Back