• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Echeveria Succulents Bay Window Tank.

Keith GH

14 Dec 2018

Finally I started the Bay Window Tank over the years it has been for the Betta, Carnivorous plants and Air plants.

It’s now the Echeveria Succulents tank.

Back RH “Painted Lady”

Front L “Morning Beauty”

Centre F “Black Knight”

With a small leafed climbing backing plant Ceropegia Woodii “Chain of Hearts

Once I cleaned the tank it only took me about 40 min and everything was finished. A Cactus potting mix, plus all the bits and pieces from the old tank scattered over the soil.

Watering will be very minimal via a mister spray and a deep watering via a UGF and a riser tube in the back LH corner.

Photos to follow.

Keith:wave::wave:

Ready to go.
Under the mesh is the UGF I use the fine mesh to keep the soil out of the GBG.

In the back LH corner you can see the top of the riser for the UGF, this is where it is watered from, Its a system I have been using for several years now and works perfectly.
Echeveri%20tank%2014.12.18%201%20edited-1.jpg

Fully Terrascaped and planted
Echeverri%20tank%2014.12.18%202%20edited-1.jpg

Echeverri%20tank%2014.12.18%203%20edited-1.jpg

As you can see its an extremely simple layout its all about growing and displaying the plants to their best. It's what I would call KIS in its simplest form

verie%20%20Morning%20Beauty%2017.12.18%20_edited-1.jpg

A close up of a new shoot Morning Beauty.

I would be the last person to buy the "Must Have" tools.
Even the knife only $2.50 at the Super market it's totally useless as a kitchen knife but works perfectly as a garden knife. The remainder total cost under $5.00.
The same goes for the over priced Aquarium tools, just look around and see what you can use to do the same job.
Echeverri%20tank%2014.12.18%204%20edited-1.jpg

Back