• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Echinodoros palaefolius leaves turning red?

Cat

Hello,
Probably a stupid question but does anyone know why the leaves on my Echinodoros Palaefolius are turning red? I suspect its too much light as I moved it recently out of the shadows and then it the new growth has come in red/brown but I've no idea what I'm doing so thought I better ask.....

if it is the new leaves, that grow out in a red-ish colour, this is quite normal.......amd you are right; due to stronger light. They are just adapting. The colour will fade to greener with age.
if it is the "old" leaves, changing colour it is probaply also caused by stronger light. Sometimes these "old" leaves can adapt successfully and survive - but other times they can not and slowly die off. Older leaves are generally less capable of adapting, then the new, growing ones.
if old leaves are dying, they should ofcourse be removed - the new, adapted ones will support the plant.
- good luck woth your Echinodorus......

Thank you for your response!

Thats really good to now thank you, I have these weird home made lights as my husband is in electronics but we've never really been able to work out how strong they are as they are not any kind of standard LED's and don't translate into WPG in any useful way.

Cheers!

Back