• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Echinodorus barthii

ivka

Hi everyone.how big can echinodorus barthii grow? Will it grow tall ? Because I bought this plant a month ago,I planted it in back of my tank hoping it will get tall and fill the space by the filter.it is growing new leaves but they don't get very tall.will it grow taller over time or shoul I replant it somewhere where I can actually see it as it has lovely coloures.??

Ech. barthii will grow to anything from 25 to 50 cm. depending, ofcourse, on light, ferts and CO2. Tendency is, that Echinodorus grow bigger with more light, ferts and added CO2.
I agree, that colour is lovely, indeed - and colour will develop (though not to full potenthial), even with less light and no added CO2.
- so where to place your E. barthii, depends a lot of your tank set-up...........

Hi. My tank is 200liters and I have 4x t5 ho light bulbs (I have them on for 8 hours,first two on for 2 hours them all of them for 4 hours and then last 2 hours I have just back two bulbs on.) I use pressurised co2 and as fertiliser I use root tabs ones a month and Ei dosing altering everyday and Sunday 50% water change. Do you think I should turn all 4 bulbs for 8 hours? I don't want to run into a algae problem.

Your specifications should allow the Ech. Barthii to grow to "full size".

So it should grow tall over time. I think I will leave it where it is for now and see if it grows.thanks for your help mick.DK .

Back