• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Echinodorus Little bear

zozo

Aint so little after all!? Planted it in a 30 cm tank, because it was described as one of the smallest in the trade growing 30 cm high. My little bear probably is named incorrectly it should be Grizly Bear?? maybe?.. :lol: It never minds the 30 cm tank and is growing over 50 cm already and i do not realy see it stop.. Due to some algae issues, i did hang my lights 10 cm higher above the tank the lower the intesity. Little Bear grew 10 cm in 2 weeks time just following the light. :)

DSCF6250 (Kopie).JPG

And today during some maintenance i found a nice surprise, she's making a flower, it's still submersed a few cm hiding in the corner behind a java fern. I noticed it sticking out during a mini water change. :)
DSCF6248 (Kopie).JPG

DSCF6249 (Kopie).JPG

:clap:

I'll keep you posted about this little big bears Jungle Star adventures.. :)

Thank you Daniel.. :) It all started out with the idea to grow Ricia and Utricularia, but over time it turned in to this, with placing trimmings on it from almost all which also is or was growing submersed in this little tank. Just to see what happens, to see who wins and who loses the battle.. Unintentionaly suitable and totaly unexpected that Echinodorus Jungle Star likes it so much and is staring above her own little jungle.

My biggest whish is getting the UG to flower which is also in there a lot.

I have a little journal about it, titlled "3 of life" but i indeed didn't update it for a while. Actualy, obviously i'm rather a bad journalist. This scape is my first tank again after 25 years and it's a constantly changing experimental learning curve to finaly find out what i realy want. It's a bit scattered all over the forum.. It represents my personality, i'm captain chaos with alzheimer light..
But i actualy just want to have fun..

Thank you Daniel.. :) It all started out with the idea to grow Ricia and Utricularia, but over time it turned in to this, with placing trimmings on it from almost all which also is or was growing submersed in this little tank. Just to see what happens, to see who wins and who loses the battle.. Unintentionaly suitable and totaly unexpected that Echinodorus Jungle Star likes it so much and is staring above her own little jungle.

My biggest whish is getting the UG to flower which is also in there a lot.

That would be fantastic. I've thought about getting some UG just to grow emersed for the flowers. It's the little things that make us happy, isn't it. I had some ludwigia flower the other day and I was over the moon. :lol:

@Martin in China indeed :) it makes me smile everytime i see it.. It kinda makes your day.
@Berlioz diggin already a year around to find specific info on flowering UG. But it seems since its a tropical perennial blatterwort it wont flower the first year. So i might get lucky this summer..

Me too Roy.. :woot: it grew again 3 cm since yesterday and it's sticking over the glass edge now.. But with what i can find on the net about Echinidorus flowers it still seems to be in a very early stage. No idea what to expect and when it'l show never had a sword flower before. :)

Back