• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Echinodorus radicans?

ParaJack

Seedling
Hi guys, I have a low setup tank with Echinodorus radicans, Hygrophila corymbosa, Ludwigia repens Diamond Red and some Rotala Rotundifolia indica all are growing well, but some of the leaves on Echinodorus radicans are looking a bit 'Hmmmm' as you can see below:

I'm using Seachem flourish Excel, Seachem tabs and Seachem Flourish. Any ideas as to why this is happening and what cab I do to prevent/fix it please?
hmmm.jpg

PS: I also have plenty of fish in the tank, which some of them like munching on the other plants, they are looking nice and green though, so something I'm doing is right:
plant2.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Not to worry. For the echinodorus, you have the emersed forms of the leaves (rounded) - these are all going to die and be replaced by the submerged forms which will be elongated and pointed ended (sword-like). You can keep the emersed form leaves around until they start looking pretty ratty, and then they can be clipped off, particularly after you start to see the new submerged forms getting started. I had the same thing in my tank: Echinodorus radicans, Fireplace aquarium but just so you're aware the radicans variety can get really big once it starts rocking. I had to eventually take mine out altogether.

OK thanks guys, sorry for the late reply...been a mad week in work, 2 more days next week and then off until the 12th Jan :):):)

Back