• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Economic solution for micronutrients

EI dry salts or EI DIY solutions :thumbup: esp for the bigger tanks

This. Though depending on your budget and tank size, I'm also a fan of the pre-made liquid ferts from companies such as TMC.

A £15 bottle of the 1000ml stuff lasts me approximately 3 years for a 50 litre tank lol, based on weekly dosage.

Hi all,
any exp dates for dry salts micronutrients?
No, they last for eternity. If they clump (get damp) you can just dry them out and they are as good as new.

All the chemical elements, other than hydrogen (H) and helium (He), have been on earth for the last 4.5 billion years.

cheers Darrel

Hi all,No, they last for eternity. If they clump (get damp) you can just dry them out and they are as good as new.

All the chemical elements, other than hydrogen (H) and helium (He), have been on earth for the last 4.5 billion years.

cheers Darrel

Helium is one of those elements that once it's gone, it's gone forever isn't it?

And what do people do with it? Put it in balloons! Hope there's enough left when I get old and need an MRI....

Hi all,
Helium is one of those elements that once it's gone, it's gone forever isn't it?
Even though the sun is continually producing it, the economically viable reserves derive from the radioactive decay of Uranium/thorium and are a by-product of natural gas exploitation. It needs to be trapped in gas fields etc, because it is lighter than air.

I think there is some debate about when we'll run out, but it definitely isn't a renewable resource on a human time scale.

cheers Darrel

Back