• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim 2213 & flow rates question

Peter1000000

Seedling
Hi, I have an Eheim 2213 external filter and the standard Juwel filter in my rio180. I think the Eheim is supposed to be 400 l/ph, but that would imply it would fill a pint glass in about 5 seconds. I think the flow on mine might be a quarter that level at best. It's also making the occasional "clackety" sound. I have it about half full of that ceramic media (effitech? or something like that), then one "scrubber", a coarse blue sponge and then one of the white "wool" filters (in that order from the bottom). I'm guessing something needs to be replaced or I need to remove some media. I have the filter outputting into the Juwel filter box. Any ideas on how to improve things? More expense may result in divorce!!

First of all that filter is not really adequate for a tank that size, you woul be looking at something with a flow rate of 1200lph+, ideal two 1200lph filters.
The you make a huge error by placing the output flow inside the Juwel internal totally eliminating any extra flow in the tank. It would be best if you place this on a spray bar at least.
Failing the two filter option you could always purchased a couple of powerheads for circulation as the filtration would be enough for the tank, you are just lacking flow at the moment. A couple of Koralia 2 pumps would do the job.

Back