• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim Electronic Filter Discussion

Re: Eheim Pro3 2075 (AS NEW, only used 2 days)

Alastair said:
Yes, it went a good three levels of flow higher on manual. You have to listen though as in manual mode the indicator lights aren't available

How do you adjust it manually ?

You use the 'S' button to get it out of auto and then just the + and - buttons to set your flow.

davem said:
You use the 'S' button to get it out of auto and then just the + and - buttons to set your flow.

OK so its still adjusted electronically, but just not in an auto mode ? I should really download the instruction manual pdf and read it, LOL.

Antipofish, why don't you just go for a massive filter and then you won't have to worry about if you have enough flow. If you feel it is too much you can adjust the flow. The worst thing you can do is buy a filter only to realise it isn't powerful enough for you. Just go for the biggest eheim, fluval or tetra.

Matty1983 said:
Antipofish, why don't you just go for a massive filter and then you won't have to worry about if you have enough flow. If you feel it is too much you can adjust the flow. The worst thing you can do is buy a filter only to realise it isn't powerful enough for you. Just go for the biggest eheim, fluval or tetra.

Because I dont NEED a massive filter :) I only have a 80x45x55 , 175L tank. The flow from my 2075 is plenty adequate, and the flow from all three of the electronic ones is greater, so that is not an issue for me. The reason I am considering changing is that I like the electronic functions, and I like the ability to electronically REDUCE flow. I don't like restricting flow mechanically because of the damage risk of back pressure.

Ok mate just trying to help. I don't see the point in all that electronic mumbo jumbo myself. I see it as more stuff to go wrong myself. You will never get £160 for that filter so seems a waste of money to me to buy something just because it has electronic gimmicks. If you want electronic gimmicks why don't you just go the whole hog and buy a G6, much better than the eheim IMO and looks better too!

Matty1983 said:
Ok mate just trying to help. I don't see the point in all that electronic mumbo jumbo myself. I see it as more stuff to go wrong myself. You will never get £160 for that filter so seems a waste of money to me to buy something just because it has electronic gimmicks. If you want electronic gimmicks why don't you just go the whole hog and buy a G6, much better than the eheim IMO and looks better too!

Input is always welcome, though I disagree with you on what I might get for the filter. But am not going to get into a discussion on that cheers. I also disagree with your comments on the electronic options being mumbo jumbo. What some people see as gimmicks, or mumbo jumbo; others see as potentially useful. For my purpose, the ability to electronically control flow is a valid and useful function that I can use to achieve a desired effect without potentially damaging the filter.

Out of interest, if you don't approve of electronic gimmickry and mumbo jumbo (I ain't gonna let you forget that ! lol) why would you advocate the Fluval ?

Eheim Pro3 2075 (AS NEW, only used 2 days)

Antipofish said:
Matty1983 said:

Input is always welcome, though I disagree with you on what I might get for the filter. But am not going to get into a discussion on that cheers. I also disagree with your comments on the electronic options being mumbo jumbo. What some people see as gimmicks, or mumbo jumbo; others see as potentially useful. For my purpose, the ability to electronically control flow is a valid and useful function that I can use to achieve a desired effect without potentially damaging the filter.

Out of interest, if you don't approve of electronic gimmickry and mumbo jumbo (I ain't gonna let you forget that ! lol) why would you advocate the Fluval ?

Oh god matt, you've started him off ;0p

Alastair said:
Antipofish said:
Matty1983 said:

Oh god matt, you've started him off ;0p

I think thats a little unfair Alastair. I am allowed to disagree with an opinion aren't I ? Or should I just shut up and accept whatever people say ! Jesus. Its not like I was rude. :oops: :( :rolleyes: I want to win the lottery then I can just buy them all and work out what one is best. Mind you, at this rate I will have gone through them all anyway. LOL

Sorry anti I didn't mean to cause offence or annoy you! I just meant of you like your electronic gadgetry then the fluval g6 may be an option.

Alastair said:
Yeah just hush up ha ha....I'm only kidding mate

GIT :twisted: Buy me a G6 and I will shut up :p Im getting fed up with changing my mind all the time to be honest. I just want to make sure I get the right thing. Now I like the look of the G6. Its so much money though.

I just watched a video of the "stream" function on the Pro3E and it looked crap, LOL. Beginning to wonder if they are just fancy functions. Still like the ability to electronically reduce flow though. Thats why I avoided the JBL CP e1501, because I found the e1500 I sold to Luis to be TOO much flow and it was blowing the tank to bits. Wasn't happy reducing the flow using the taps even though JBL state you can do.

What are your thoughts on the electronic modes ? Not much cop/use ? (apart from the flow reduction bit, which i know u liked since you used it every night, lol)

Matty1983 said:
Sorry anti I didn't mean to cause offence or annoy you! I just meant of you like your electronic gadgetry then the fluval g6 may be an option.

You didn't Matt. Alastair is just winding me up, and he will pay for it.....mwahahaha. I didn't take any offence, even if you are wrong about electronic mumbo jumbo :D :D :D Seriously though, I am beginning to think the stream and bioflow functions are not really worthwhile, they seemed cool when I watched the sales vid, but Im not sure they are useful, BUT I do like the ability to electronically reduce flow as I really had issues with the JBL. IT was TOO powerful for my little 2'6" tank. But damn you, you have got me thinking about the G6 now !!!
A A R G H !!!

Eheim Pro3 2075 (AS NEW, only used 2 days)

I never really used the electric modes to be honest. I gave them a good mess around, but then just left it on auto but with non of the fancy flow modes. I then found out that leaving it on manual mode gave a bigger top end flow. Ive got a fid somewhere of the stream flow mode I'll have to pop it up. It was done with out spray bar and was pretty good

Alastair said:
I never really used the electric modes to be honest. I gave them a good mess around, but then just left it on auto but with non of the fancy flow modes. I then found out that leaving it on manual mode gave a bigger top end flow. Ive got a fid somewhere of the stream flow mode I'll have to pop it up. It was done with out spray bar and was pretty good

That would help thanks. Did you usually use the spraybar or not ? I wish Eheim had a jet outlet like the JBL

I can also video anything you may be interested in on the 2078 if it helps you out.

davem said:
I can also video anything you may be interested in on the 2078 if it helps you out.

Hi mate thanks, yeah if you could video the various modes (obviously not 12hr mode, lol) like stream etc that would be useful. And anything else you can think of ?

I have a pro3e as well, as the others had said the functions are pointless for a planted tank I've never used any of them, ended up on manual mode to get more flow.

Back