• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim Electronic Filter Professional 3E 700 2078 opinions?

Re: Eheim Electronic Filter Professional 3E 700 2078 opinion

stuworrall said:
I got mine in a coffin like box yesterday along with some more siporax and spare pads. Ill be fitting it soon and moving over from the ex1200

Ordered my USB controller yesterday from Zooplus.de, got it for 46 Euros and free delivery. £62 in the Uk shop!

Westyggx said:
stuworrall said:
I got mine in a coffin like box yesterday along with some more siporax and spare pads. Ill be fitting it soon and moving over from the ex1200

Ordered my USB controller yesterday from Zooplus.de, got it for 46 Euros and free delivery. £62 in the Uk shop!

Hehe, I haven't sent you my bill for Internet Consultancy yet :lol:

Seriously though, does it only work with PC ? And what level of Windows is the minimum ? I have bootcamp and Windows on my Macbook but its the one pre Vista.

Antipofish said:
Westyggx said:
stuworrall said:

Hehe, I haven't sent you my bill for Internet Consultancy yet :lol:

Seriously though, does it only work with PC ? And what level of Windows is the minimum ? I have bootcamp and Windows on my Macbook but its the one pre Vista.

lol i actually ordered it before you replied i opend the uk version at the same time.

No idea mate i hope it works with Windows 7 though.. i configured my mac mini yesterday so need to install bootcamp tonight.

Westyggx said:
lol i actually ordered it before you replied i opend the uk version at the same time.

No idea mate i hope it works with Windows 7 though.. i configured my mac mini yesterday so need to install bootcamp tonight.

OK Now I hope it doesn't work !!! LOL. You have a mac mini ? B4STARD !!! ;)

Yeh got it on finance got the i7 for £33 a month mate not fixed either! Can pay it off whenever I want. Next thing ill ask you is how to install windows 7 on boot camp with a USB pen drive lol

Westyggx said:
Yeh got it on finance got the i7 for £33 a month mate not fixed either! Can pay it off whenever I want. Next thing ill ask you is how to install windows 7 on boot camp with a USB pen drive lol

You better ask Paulo that, lol. Cos I wouldn't know where to start on that one.

Ok so I received my eheim USB controller, first thoughts after install is that the software is not very stable at all. Constantly says not connected, and the software stalls and crashes.

I can get all the different modes to load apart from the 12 hour bio function which for some reason displays like this image

ny3yjyta.jpg

It should not display 'constant flow' should just have the clock.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I rectify this? I set the times for low flow for this morning so when I woke up I checked but it hasn't kicked in.

Not sure? I set up all the different options and saved them so you can "load" the settings. I simply loaded the bio mode i created, when i looked this morning though the filter lights did look orange but was fully lit, ie all the lights were on.

Westyggx said:
Not sure? I set up all the different options and saved them so you can "load" the settings. I simply loaded the bio mode i created, when i looked this morning though the filter lights did look orange but was fully lit, ie all the lights were on.

I'd take out the USB stick and do a reset on the filter( it's in the booklet) and then try it again mate. The date looks wrong on that lol. It's next year!!
Have you set the bio flow for 12hours full and 12hours reduced??
Ps, would it not be better to have the low flow set from when lights go off and not in the morning??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok ill give that a go tonight mate, yes thats how i had it set up as i wanted it to reduce flow by half from 9pm until 9am and then full flow from 9am until 9pm, thats how i realised this morning that it hadnt worked as it was at full flow.

that 2013 date is the date im next supposed to clean my filter lol.

No there green, but I think there is one orange light on as well

That orange light indicates full flow I believe. So it will do that when at optimal performance during 'high flow' hours.

Don't know about the software though mate sorry.

Whitey89 said:
That orange light indicates full flow I believe. So it will do that when at optimal performance during 'high flow' hours.

Don't know about the software though mate sorry.

It doesnt necessarily mean FULL full flow. I know that sounds Irish but there are several levels of flow once the orange light shows :) Normal, Blow your Socks Off and Typhoon Wendy level :lol:

Had my two for over a year now and both flawless. They are on a 300L discus tank and i have only had to clean them twice so far!

I think i got them from the same place, but on special £199 each ;)

Ok so i managed to sort the controller out on my mums laptop instead of my mac (bootcamped) and its worked fine, flow comes on full at 10:00 and cuts by half at 10:00pm. Pretty happy with that.

Alastair said:
Crappy mac book (cough)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crappy Eheim mate for not making the software available on other operating systems lol!

Next problem to tackle is the Seneye!

Back