• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim Set Up

Norfolk180Rio

Seedling
Hi All,

I have just bought and set up an Eheim 2080 to allow it to mature before I re-do and re-scape my tank.

I meticulously went through the instructions when setting it up but there is a bit more noise coming from the filter itself than I expected. There is still lots of small air bubbles coming out of the spray bar. Indeed, when I change the flow more come out.

Is there a certain amount of time you usually have to wait for all the air bubbles to come out of the filter and the media?

Any suggestions???

Norfolk180Rio said:
Hi All,

I have just bought and set up an Eheim 2080 to allow it to mature before I re-do and re-scape my tank.

I meticulously went through the instructions when setting it up but there is a bit more noise coming from the filter itself than I expected. There is still lots of small air bubbles coming out of the spray bar. Indeed, when I change the flow more come out.

Is there a certain amount of time you usually have to wait for all the air bubbles to come out of the filter and the media?

Any suggestions???

Hi

When ever I have cleaned my 2080 (complete strip down) air bubbles used to appear for about 6 hours, I have found the problem that causes the air locks - 2 inlet pipes to the filter unit, I have isolation taps on the pipes so I turn off the taps individually and leave them isolated for about 1/2 an hour and this usually remove the trapped air.

Try stopping the flow in each pipe individually - this will force the trapped air out.

Regards
Paul.

Back