• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EI and Iron Mixing....?

Chrispowell

Hi all,

Need some advice as Im not sure but think I could be wasteing my time and money....

I have been using this 'All in one' EI mix from co2 supermarket for a while now...

http://www.co2supermarket.co.uk/all-in-one-macros-micros-fertiliser-aquarium-plants-p299.html

My trouble is, If I add Iron solution in the tank I get a cloudy reaction. Which I believe means the Iron compounds have combined with another chemical and basically created a mix useless to my plants??

My EI fert mix goes into the tank at 7am and my iron mix at 11pm... Is this long enough to stop this happening??

Is there a better way to do this without adding micros and macros on alternate days?

Thanks for any help

Chris

Hi Chris
I don't see the point in adding Micro as it is also included in the All in One dry fertilizer!
Potassium Nitrate
Monopotassium Phosphate
Potassium Sulphate
Magnesium Sulphate Heptahydrate

Chelated Trace Elements ..which includes Iron!
Cheers
hoggie

Thanks Hoggie, sorry for my lack of research.

Does this simply mean.. According to the basic principles of EI dosing that I must have enough iron in my tank?

Back