• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EI dosing solutions correct?

Jaap

Hello,

according to Jame's Planted Tank I can add 33g Potassium Nitrate and 7.2g Monopotassium Phosphate in 250ml Water. Thus in 500ml (my container is 500ml) I add double the amounts so 66g KNO3 and 14.4 KH2PO4.

James then goes on to say use 5ml of this solution for every 50 Litres so if my tank is 80 Litres then I use 8ml of this solution 3 times a week.

Do the above sound correct?
Will 66g and 14.4g dissolve in 500ml of water?

Thanks

Are Jame's measurements correct then? Because with other calculators I get other measurements...

Do I add the dry salts in 500ml of water or add the dry salts and then fill up with water up to 500ml?

I use the teaspoon approach and not weighing salts. I add the salts to the dosing bottle then top up with required amount of water from a jug. Either way I don't think it really matters which way around you put them in.

This is where I started from some dosing calculator. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16032

As that was for 60l it's easy for me to scale up or half dose for larger, smaller tanks. I do up the Kh2po4 slightly now to help deal with GSA outbreaks I seem to encounter (about half a teaspoon for that mix). Since upping the Kh2po4 I don't have GSA problems.

Back