• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EI ferts?

Andybo-bandy

Seedling
Hi, ive grown plants before but never dosed ferts ive recently started using iron, liqud carbon and tnc lite but i would like to get into ei dosing and saw a starter kit on aquarium plant food which looks good.

Ill keep dosing carbon but will i have to still add extra iron for polysperma rosa, red ludwigia and rotala macrandra to be nice and red or will there be enough in the trace powder in the kit? Thanks for any help

Attachments

• IMG_8394.JPG
    IMG_8394.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 82
Hi, ive grown plants before but never dosed ferts ive recently started using iron, liqud carbon and tnc lite but i would like to get into ei dosing and saw a starter kit on aquarium plant food which looks good.

Ill keep dosing carbon but will i have to still add extra iron for polysperma rosa, red ludwigia and rotala macrandra to be nice and red or will there be enough in the trace powder in the kit? Thanks for any help

I do (add chelated iron 5ml per 50 litres twice a week) which helps to colour up the tips of my Polysperma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks is that in addition to normal ferts which already contain iron?

Yeah. Iron is quickly used up and dosing twice a week is a good ballpark to be in. My Polysperma has some good reddening of the upper leaves but tend not to when I don't dose the additional iron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back