• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EI questions...

ian21777

Seedling
Hi guys,
Apologies if this has been covered and I have missed it, but Im looking to place and order soon and was hoping for some advice before I commit... At the moment Im dosing with Seachem flourish, trace, iron as per the instructions. Ive decided that it will be cheaper to use dry ferts and the EI method after seeing it recommended on alot of forums. I have seen this starter kit... http://www.aquariumplantfood.co.uk/fertilisers/dry-chemicals/starter-kits/ei-starter-kit.html (sorry if that hasnt come up right, this is my first post) I see that there are other ferts available on the same site, this leads me to my question... Is what comes in the starter kit sufficient? Or do i need to supplement with the other dry ferts advertised? Thanks in advance :)

Thanks for the quick reply and the welcome :)... Tank is a juwel lido, so 120l bare tank volume... What put doubt in my mind was the ingredient list on the flourish.. .there seems to be alot more in the flourish than what came in that starter kit, but i guess all the exras could be covered in the 'chelated trace mix'? Starter kit it is then. Thanks again...

If the flourish is trace then yes all your trace elements are in there.

For your tank you could use what I use in my 125.

4 Tsp Potassium Nitrate
2 Tsp Potassium Phosphate (I upped this half tsp to 2.5 tsp to deal with GSA)
10 Tsp Magnesium Sulphate (this can be lowered if your tap provides enough)

This is all in 1 bottle for your macros dosed 3 times weekly. The amounts are for 4 weeks so if your dosing 25ml from your bottle 25mlx12 doses = 300ml of water. Shake it well after mixing and before each use.

2nd bottle, Trace is 1 tsp per 400ml water. 25ml twice weekly. 2 months supply. You could do half tsp in 200ml but I just make 2 months at a time and have no problems with it.

Hope that helps, it's a starting point.

Ok, thanks for that, ill give it a go and let you know how i fare

Back