Elatine hydropiper problem

WabiSabi

Hi guys!
So I posted this thread and I made a basic mistake. I wrote that I had a problem with Glossostigma elatinoides when in reality I have Elatine hydropiper. Sorry about that.
So.... I have a nano iwagumi with only 1 plant ( Elatine hydropiper) and 1 moss (Riccia).
I started 5 months ago with the dry start method. Everything is going well. I have had minimal algae issues. And the crystal shrimp went from 5 to 23. Everything looks good except my Elatine hydropiper carpet has started going yellow.
Can anyone chime in as to why?

I do my weekly water changes and add Tropica green and orange ferts. I have the ONF one LED for 8 hours and I add CO2. The checker is showing bright green while the lights are on.

Attaching two pics so you know what Im talking about.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-09-02 at 13.37.35.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-02 at 13.37.35.png
    11.2 MB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot 2019-09-02 at 13.37.22.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-02 at 13.37.22.png
    9.2 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:

alto

Tank temperature?

Elatine hydropiper really prefers things cooler (16-20C though it will tolerate 22C if everything else is “perfect”)

Once it yellows this much, recovery is difficult - you might try trimming one area, lifting and replanting (the greenest stems) in another area
When happy, it can fill in quite quickly

WabiSabi

Hello @alto !
Thanks for the reply!

Hmmm I never thought of temp! But since you mention it... My tank hovers around 25°C. I did check online and it seems I'm inside the optimal temp range for this plant, though on the higher end.

Thanks!

Last edited: