• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Emmersed Hygrophila Corymbosa

ghostsword

I managed to get Hygrophila Corymbosa to grow emmersed on the office, on a bed of Tropica aquasoil always wet.
4773518191_dea85a7282_b.jpg

Stunning - glad I planted some in the corner of my DSM tank - looking forward to it reaching that kind of a size...

m

daniel19831123 said:
They are super easy to gro emersed. I've grown them before without any trouble.

I am not saying that they are hard to grow emersed, just that the plant will change when placed underwater. :) I actually like the plant much more emersed than imersed, looks much better.

ghostsword said:
This is emmersed, on a DSM you will plan to get it full of water, right? The plant will change dramatically.

I realise - but it'll have had 3-4 months of emersed growth first, so root system will be well established...

mx

The beautiful thing about hygro's is that they come from areas that are easily flooded, you flood them and they will adapt quickly, in less than a week with good nutrients and CO2 they will develop their underwater leaved.

At the end of summer I will submerge the plants and have them underwater till spring again.

Back