• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Encyclopedia of Aquarium Plants by Peter Hiscock

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Obtained the pdf of this book sometime ago and actually enjoyed this book, I have now managed to obtain the book itself, £4 purchased on ebay which I was pretty pleased with.
Explains the natural biology of plants, filtration, lights, CO2, substrate, etc... and also some good sections on maintenance and also planting and propagation of plants. It has good diagrams too which are easy to understand.
Talks a little about suitable fish for the aquarium and then has individual plant profiles for the most common species.

Have you read it? What do you think about it??

I bought it a few years ago and I now find it very out-dated and irrelevant for most 'modern' growers and aquascapers.

There's little or no mention of the more commonly used techniques these days i.e. the importance of good circulation, macro dosing, CO2 measurement. Substrate heating and midday siestas too?

There is some good info in there though but for the beginner I would be concerned about conflicting info with what most members on here advocate.

The points you mention are the book's strongest areas.

Peter Hiscock works at my LFS. Nice guy.

Back