• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Endler with swollen belly

Nautilus143

Hi all, my Endler guppy (male) has had a very swollen belly since Monday. I went and bought epsom salt on Tuesday and have been giving him baths once a day since then, but he is showing no sign of improvement. Are there any medications I can try? He isn't really pineconing, maybe a tad on his underside but he doesn't look like the pics you get when googling "dropsy". He is still swimming around normally. I have fasted him since Tuesday.

My guppy is still hanging on but he looks very unhappy and even more swollen than he was before. I haven't been fasting him this week as it's not fair to my keep my other fish without food. Given his condition today I would be surprised to still see him alive tomorrow, but is there anything else I can try if I encounter this issue again? As I mentioned before, the epsom salt baths didn't work. Neither did feeding peas - although I'm not sure how much of it the fish ate, they didn't seem to recognise it as food. Thanks in advance.

20220312_095622.jpg

Here's a photo of him that I just took. I haven't seen him pass any waste since the swelling started so I'm assuming he's heavily constipated but unfortunately the usual remedies don't seem to have worked. I'm wondering whether I should start the epsom baths again? Maybe at a higher concentration? I was using 3 teaspoons per 5L

Back