• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

English Stream

twg

My first scape...

NewSetup01.jpg

Any feedback appreciated :thumbup:

Really need some more pictures and details

Looks good tho mate.

Thanks for the comments.

A few details...

Roma 125 Aquarium
Fluval U3 Internal filtration
Black Unipac Gravel
Rocks purchased from my local Maidenhead Aquatics in St Albans

And... (my confession) an Aqua One Grass mat :shh:

I appreciate this has probably outraged some members (hehe) but this was my first tank and you can appreciate my cautious approach to scaping. I guess we all have to start somewhere :thumbup:

Despite this I was actually quite chuffed with the outcome. I'd wanted a clean and peaceful river type feeling and think I may have just about achieved this. Even if this meant combining the natural with the not so natural. The tank housed a shoal of Columbian Tetra prior to being stripped.

TankSetup04.jpg

I am now looking to venture into the world of aquatic planting for my scapes, eek! This site has inspired me to give it a go anyway.

I'll keep you posted with my fortunes along the way.

Thanks guys.

Tom

Not outraged but jealous maybe
Member trying to figure out how you grew such a lush carpet with such low lighting ... Lol

Obviously a lush carpet like that can only be achieved with regular pruning :lol:

Thanks George.

In the bottom photo you can just about see the lighting unit in the right corner. I attached it to the wall which gave a far softer and more natural light through the tank. Much preferred it to the overpowering fluorescent.

Not that I could get away with this unorthodox lighting if the grass were real ;)

I have that tank....make sure you dont overfill it...it tends to syphon the condensation over the sides but other than that its a great little tank...

It looks really nice.

The carpet is a good one, for sure looks real. :)

Replace it with moss if you want to have it more natural, add some shrimp, cherries for example, and you would have a lovely Biotope to boast of.

Really nice, and a good example of what can be done with some imagination.

Giant willow moss is a uk native and can be bought extremely cheaply from pond retailers.

leetaylor said:
I have that tank....make sure you dont overfill it...it tends to syphon the condensation over the sides but other than that its a great little tank...

Too true! I did wonder what the puddle collecting on the desk was :lol:
ghostsword said:
It looks really nice.

The carpet is a good one, for sure looks real. :)

Replace it with moss if you want to have it more natural, add some shrimp, cherries for example, and you would have a lovely Biotope to boast of.

Really nice, and a good example of what can be done with some imagination.

Really appreciate that! :D I decided to get the tank back up and running with the same layout as before - just replacing the grass mats with a carpet of Flame Moss. Will put some pics up soon!

Cheers, Tom

twg said:
leetaylor said:

Too true! I did wonder what the puddle collecting on the desk was :lol:
They deffinalty dont lie about the max fill level on this tank lol

Back