• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ENHEIM AQUA STYLE 16. nano planted journal-NEW MACRO PHOTOS

Newbie aqua scaper, here's my first attempt with the brand new EHEIM aqua style 16.

DAY 1
set up, and just waiting for the water to settle.

DRAGON ROCKS
photo.jpg

DRAGON ROCK AND SUBSTRATE ADDED
photo3.jpg

FILTER POSITIONED AND ADDED ELOCHARIS PARVULA GRASS AND MOSS BALL
photo5.jpg

FILLING IT UP
photo6.jpg

LIGHT ON, WAITING FOR IT TO SETTLE
photo8.jpg

Re: ENHEIM AQUA STYLE 16. The minimal planted journal

DAY 2

Water still cloudy, does it take more than 12 hours for the water to become crystal clear?

photo9_day2.jpg

I like the rocks, but can't help but feel that it would look better in a slightly larger tank, seems a bit crowded? Will look good when the parvula grows in.

It can take a while until the water goes crystal, and obviously you may get bacteria blooms which will cloud the water up a fair bit; this is normal!

What are your specs? Lights/ferts any fauna planned?

Hi,

Sorry, he's the full tank spec:

Glass tank:
High quality float glass 16l

Lighting:
high efficiency Only 7 Watt LED for optimum illumination of the tank right to the bottom

12851694082488531_LeuchteFilter_offen_0410.jpg

Filter:
Powerful corner internal filter, completely equipped with filter cartridge and bio-filter material (SUBSTRATpro)
Mediabox for use of biomedia, active carbon, phosphate remover etc.
Dosing chamber for dung or medicine

Substrate:
ADA Amazonia II (3ltrs)

Plant:
Eleocharis, parvula

I'm a photographer so the idea is create a view of a mountain peak as it would look like through the lens / view finder.

It does look crowded but there are no fish in there yet, still lots of tweaking to be done, I'm looking to carpet the floor with pavula and add longer plants or small type tree to give perspective.

work in progress, hints and tips welcome.

Thanks

Rob
http://www.robjarvisphotography.co.uk

I feel the same, the rock is probably too big for the tank. They don't look like dragon rocks to me either. Thats a very interesting filter + LED light combo!

Found an empty Pinochio shrimp shell in the tank when i got home, they must be growing. thats good.

Re: ENHEIM AQUA STYLE 16. nano planted journal-NEW MACRO PHO

DAY 5

So I ditched the iphone, now using a proper camera, all fish & Shrimp still alive,

1RJ_3185.jpg

1RJ_3170.jpg

1RJ_3169.jpg

1RJ_3164copy.jpg

1RJ_3164.jpg

1RJ_3161.jpg

1RJ_3162.jpg

1RJ_3160.jpg

1RJ_3159.jpg

1RJ_3158.jpg

1RJ_3157.jpg

1RJ_3145.jpg