• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Enough flow?

GillesF

Hi guys

My tank is about 80 liters (60x40x40) and I'm using an Eheim Ecco Pro filter @ 600l/h. It is connected to a spray bar at the left side of the tank, so the flow goes from left to right. My plants are gently moving but I still think my flow is a bit on the low side, especially when the filter needs to be cleaned. What's the easiest way to improve the flow? I like wave makers but I think they are too strong for my tank ...

Thanks,
Gilles

I actually have one of those (same product, same seller) lol, but where should I place it then?

Hi
I'm not a expert on flow...I suppose it depends on lots of things.
Are there dead spots in the aquarium?
Do you want more plant movement?
Do you have algae problems?
Do you run Co2 and use fertilizers/trace nutrients.
I'm sure someone here will help you out.
hoggie

hogan53 said:
Hi
Are there dead spots in the aquarium? One corner with less flow (front left)
Do you want more plant movement? Not really
Do you have algae problems? Not really
Do you run Co2 and use fertilizers/trace nutrients. Yes, I want everything to be well distibuted

See bold text. I want the best distribution of CO2 and fertilizers since I'm planning on upgrading my lighting (1x T5 24w--> 2x T5). I also had the impression that my P. Stellatus in the right back corner was having some CO2 difficulties (but it's a bit of a difficult plant). Maybe I should place the pump in the left back corner?

I'm also thinking of placing the spraybar at the back so the flow goes back --> front. Does anyone what is best?

hogan53 said:
Hi
Its best if you move your spray bar to the rear, as you suggested...that's the usual position for optimum flow.
hoggie
Do you have a large amount of inhabitants.
If not you could remove some of the filter media.
This will increase the flow rate.
hoggie

Back