• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Entry/exit clear pipes glass/acrylic

Samjpikey

Hi all .

Need some more info on entry and exit pipes. (16/22)

I want some clear ones to fit into my small 40 litre but I'm torn between glass and acrylic.
I know acrylic may scratch but I'm afraid of breaking the glass ones every 5 mins.

There is a set of acrylic lily pipes on fleabay for £18 but don't know if these will be of good quality. Also i like the possibility of a spray bar. So What are my options when regarding to shops ? Where's the best places ?
What's people's recommendations before I jump in at buying the worst ones.
Cheers

Hi, acrylic fades too pretty quick as I've had some diy ones running.id opt for the glass options and get a glass spray bar too. Aquarium plant food do some really nice glassware. I tested the 13mm glass spray and it was fantastic

http://www.aquariumplantfood.co.uk/tools-glass.html?cat=109

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tim
I made a spray bar out of a length of clear acrylic pipe. Got the same size pipe as the inflow and then joined them with just an inch of clear tubing which stretched over the two. Bought an end cap for the tube and drilled holes - hey presto :)

Like you I'm worried about breaking glass ones. My plan is to have an Ehiem quick release valve fitted half way down the pipe, that way they can be easily disconnected and cleaned without having to try and get the pipe off the glass inlet/outlet.

$_35.JPG

Like this?:)

ryha7u7u.jpg
go glass.

Have you done this method to both entry and exit ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes mate, if you can live with the asthetic it's a lot less hastle cleaning. I have Five pairs of taps on the tank in total. I like that I only have to clean the glass ware and a short section of pipe regularly.

Yea makes sense ,
So you shut it off , disconnect then clean ? How do you go about cleaning the lily pipe etc ?

jazevehy.jpg

uqatuhu2.jpg

Have you ever thought about using any of these before ?

Cheers

Also where did you get your glass ware ?
:)

You got it turn taps off and the filter. Then disconnect, as far as cleaning I just go round and round a peice of cycle inner break cable with wool build it up until it's like a cotton bud. Then a bit of bleach and poke away:D[DOUBLEPOST=1400602851][/DOUBLEPOST]I've used the green one on hose for window cleaning but I wouldn't trust any type of hose lock style fittings in my house. I've found they leak with time. The ehiem ones are worth every penny and I've never had one let me down they are well made.

umyvated.jpg

Which one would you advise I get ?
Cheers

I was lucky enough to pick my Lillies up on here and there was both types in the box. I am currently using the one in the first diagram now I'm using the turbo atomiser. It pushes the co2 nearer to substrate. The other one worked better for agitating the surface without having the glass bend of the Lillie high above the rim of the tank if that makes sense?. Lots on here use the second. Do you have a korilina?

No I don't have a korilina but the tank will be filtered with at least 15 x turnover , I'm worried that if I get the one that points down then it could disturb the substrate as it's only 300mm high .

That's a good point, my stem plants do getting a beating at 400mm:D. I'd go for the second then if your filters powerfull.

Co2 scape do a nice set .
The 12/16 mm set will work better for me as the intake u-bend is shorter .
The outside dimension is 13mm and they sell a filter hose with dimensions 13/18 mm , do you think that hose will work with the glass ware 12/16mm (13od)
Cheers

I've bought a set of lily pipes from co2 art , they have free returns if they are to big for my tank which is great and they should be here tomorrow !

Back