• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Equipment check, light and co2

MaterialCrab

Hi All,

Hopefully posting this in the right area.

I've recently broken down my tank and dipping my toes in the world of plants.

My tank is an eheim vivaline 240 ltr, 4ft.

I'm running a FX 4 and an internal UV filter.

I have ordered a light by Hygger, it's 42w, 215PCS LED, 6500K and 2160 Lumen. Would that be classed as medium?

I also want to add the DIY CO2 generator from Fzone, with the plan to run 20ppm with a 7 to 8 hour light period.

All of the plants in my tank are from the tropica 'easy' range and I do plan to propagate and add more in time.

All of the above planning has come from reading posts on this site, I would greatly appreciate a little of guidance to see if I'm going in the right direction.

This is the layout of my tank currently, waiting on the light and haven't ordered the DIY CO2 as of yet.

Many thanks :)

PXL_20240113_182655646.jpg

Hopefully posting this in the right area.
All of the above planning has come from reading posts on this site, I would greatly appreciate a little of guidance to see if I'm going in the right direction

Hi,
If you plan on staying around why not start a journal? It makes life a lot easier for everyone (including yourself) to have all your information in one place plus you have the added bonus of a information and pictorial record.
Cheers!

Hi,
If you plan on staying around why not start a journal? It makes life a lot easier for everyone (including yourself) to have all your information in one place plus you have the added bonus of a information and pictorial record.
Cheers!
Hi Bazz,

Yeah I plan on sticking around :)
I've started a little workbook here in the house starting with a list of plants and their requirements.

It will help me with trial and error.

Already there has been a plant lost ( I think )

My nymphoides hydrophylla 'Taiwan' completely melted. I'm guessing the roots are still in the aqua soil but unsure if it's possible for this to grow back now.

All of the plants in my tank are from the tropica 'easy' range and I do plan to propagate and add more in time.

Besides what's already been said about starting a Journal... Good start, but I would say add more plants - preferably some fast growing easy ones. It will help get your tank established and matured faster. You can always trim or replace those plants down the road. Also make sure you add fertilizer from day 1.

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
Back