• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

external filter ?

lil-lynx

hello i am looking for a external filter for my 100 litre but will be gettin a 3x1x1 foot aquarium not sure on the amount of litres, but i want to buy one filter to filter the 3ft tank, im going to have hight light ( well meduim light) i think i will have about 140w 4, 39w tubes and co2, so i need good filter to get teh co2 round the tank, i have been lookin at some of the fluval 205,305,405 also second hand 304 and some ehiems i jsut wants get your you view on the best filter, thanksssss

hi there,
my numbers work it out at being 81 litres. Therefore, if you use the 10x rating, you'll be looking at AT LEAST 810lph pumping capacity, so i think the 205 might be a litlle small. i've got both fluval and eheim filters (all bought second hand) and i'm really happy with them both. I guess my advice would be to go for the biggest filter (in terms of flow rate) that you can afford! Also i'd suggest using a spraybar instead of a lily pipe. I don't have co2 (yet!) but i've noticed the flow distribution with a spray bar is very even and, if set up right, gives a much better flow to carpeting plants (even in smaller tanks) - see this topic
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1167
Good luck buying! I got my filters through both eBay and Aquarist Classifieds - give 'em both a try if you don't mind second hand!
Cheers
Matt

thanks you, i love Aquarist Classifieds get some really good deals

Back