• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Farlowella Catfish

Dan Wiggett

I've just seen a pair in the local LFS, they are asking for £100 which I don't mind paying for them. I just would like to know if anyone has kept some in a EI dosed, Iwagumi tank?

wp000400.jpg

wp000401w.jpg

£100?!
It's my understanding that they need wood in their diet so perhaps not the best for an iwagumi?

Yes they are huge :)

I have also heard this, I have heard it's helpful but not required as long as your constantly feeding different things? I really really want them... :(

don't suppose you know which type of Farlowella they are since there's about a dozen different types.
they're a loricariidae so fairly hardy fortunately for you their primary natural habitat is sand substrate and stones with very few twigs (though they will congregate and favour twigs for hiding in)

will eat most things (probably including your plants) as an omnivore be careful if you're doing co2 injection they like highly oxygenated water so an airstone or plenty of surface movement would be best if you're putting in co2

I am pretty sure they are Royal Farlowella Cat (Sturistoma sp.)

Luckily I have a sump and my return gives good surface agitation, I know I will have to dose extra co2 as a consequence.

Saying that, I think they could be Royal Whiptails.

It's a shame the shop don't have a name for them, I did ask and just got 'Farlowella Cat' :(

Back