• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fec's 60cm opti-white "ROOTS"

George Farmer said:
Not sure how I missed this, Ben!

It's really very good. The hardscape selection and composition is top drawer and as the plants mature it will only get better and better.

Gotta love DIY hardscape collecting too!

Keep up the good work. :)

Hi George,

Thanks for the great words! actually it's your scapes that I more often then not refer back to for info on plant choices, layout ideas etc...

As for the DIY hardscape, the misses is going mad, as everytime I go down the beach I end up bringing some knarled up piece of driftwood back with me! :) Got one of those ton bags full of the stuff :lol:

zig said:
Yes very nice hardscape, cant help thinking the crypts are planted a bit close to the front of the tank , could be totally wrong though, see how it grows in and then you can decide. All the wood in my tank for my entry to this years ADA competition came from the beach as well, you can find some great pieces sometimes, good work Ben :thumbup:

Hi Zig,

Yeah sort of agree with you regarding the Crypts, however I'm determined for them not to mess the look of the tanks composition up. I have about a 4 crypts around 2" off the front of the glass so keeping on top of them should be ok.

DIY hardscapings the way forward!! :thumbup: costs nothing and the charecter in some pieces of wood is amazing! definetley a good way forard for your ADA comp entry! Good Luck with that! :)

Hi All,

So thought I'd better do a quick update on the tank. Most things are going well, plants growing back and filling in nicely after aload of melt and I've added some livestock 6 Gold Tetra's and 4 Julli catfish out of my holding tank along with some cherry and amano shrimp, all of which have settled in well and look like they're enjoying there new surroundings :D . I've had afew issues, mainly the plants major melt which I think was mostly down to the new setup and change in conditions and I have a bit of algae on the rocks and a small bit on the wood, however nothing on the plants ;)

I've also now changed the filters over so this tank is now running off a Fluval G3 and the eheim pro 3 thermo has gone to my larger tank.

Loads of pics below....... :thumbup:
Tank shots
tank.jpg

tank2.jpg

plants.jpg

New inhabitants.......enjoying their new home!
shrimp.jpg

GoldTetra.jpg

goldtetra2.jpg

jullicatfish.jpg

The Algae on the wood and rocks....... :( .......Dosing 2ml TPN+ & Easy Carbo 4ml every day
algae.jpg

Thanks for looking! :thumbup:

Hi LD,

That was my thought's exactly, used 3 lights for the first week.....oooops. Then switch to just the 2 lights on for 5 hours, however the algae seems to be getting slightly worse now, a small bit on the plants but the wood and rocks have quite alot.

Have upped dosing of Easy Carbo to 4.5ml have also thought about upping the TPN+ from 2ml to 3ml or even 4?

Back