Feeling a bit stressed...

Discussion in 'Off Topic / Chit-Chat' started by Brenmuk, 5 Aug 2009.

1. Brenmuk

Brenmuk Member

.. then sit back, put your headphones on and watch the following video maximised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7deClndzQw

Kuroshio Sea - 2nd largest aquarium tank in the world - (song is Please don't go by Barcelona)

2. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Stunning! I was watching a documentary the other week about how this aquarium was put together. Very impressive. If the ADA nature gallery visit happens at some point, a visit here should definitely be on the agenda! :thumbup:

3. George Farmer

George Farmer Founder Staff Member

The sheer size is so impressive. Imagine the running costs on that bad boy!

I did think it could do with some form of aquascape, but I guess the fish are plenty enough alone to hold the viewers' interest.

4. glenn

glenn Member

that is so cool, i wonder what the filter is like. there are probably lots of huge filters, like a room cramed with sponges and a mega pump at the top of it all :lol: :lol:
    and as if they have whale sharks in there they are like 40foot long :wideyed:

5. vauxhallmark

vauxhallmark Member

6. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

If I remember correctly from the documentary I watched, it pulls in actual sea water and mixes it with re-cycled filtered water! Waste water is dumped out to see. It's right on the shoreline of a reef in Japan. Very impressive filters and hardware from what the documentary showed :)

7. glenn

glenn Member

:wideyed: ohh cool, thanks!
    it must get a bit booring for them just swimming in a circle, especialy for the big'uns, they should put some structure in there jsut for the fishes benifit.

8. vauxhallmark

vauxhallmark Member

I think they're mostly open water species. Most fish don't ever encounter any structures at all in their lives, only the ones that live near land, or in freshwater rivers etc..

PS I love the shoaling fish in the video!

9. Tony Swinney

Tony Swinney Member

I gotta go there !!!

The rays are just beautiful - so elegant in their movement.

Tony

10. samc

samc Member

cool! i like the guy driving in there :lol: it would be cool to go for a swim in your own tank

11. samc

samc Member

12. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

The biggest one is in my backyard!! hehehe Great video and a must visit!! :thumbup: