Feeling a bit stressed...

Steve Smith

Stunning! I was watching a documentary the other week about how this aquarium was put together. Very impressive. If the ADA nature gallery visit happens at some point, a visit here should definitely be on the agenda! :thumbup:

George Farmer

Founder
Staff member
The sheer size is so impressive. Imagine the running costs on that bad boy!

I did think it could do with some form of aquascape, but I guess the fish are plenty enough alone to hold the viewers' interest.

glenn

that is so cool, i wonder what the filter is like. there are probably lots of huge filters, like a room cramed with sponges and a mega pump at the top of it all :lol: :lol:
and as if they have whale sharks in there they are like 40foot long :wideyed:

Steve Smith

glenn said:
that is so cool, i wonder what the filter is like. there are probably lots of huge filters, like a room cramed with sponges and a mega pump at the top of it all :lol: :lol:
and as if they have whale sharks in there they are like 40foot long :wideyed:
If I remember correctly from the documentary I watched, it pulls in actual sea water and mixes it with re-cycled filtered water! Waste water is dumped out to see. It's right on the shoreline of a reef in Japan. Very impressive filters and hardware from what the documentary showed :)

glenn

:wideyed: ohh cool, thanks!
it must get a bit booring for them just swimming in a circle, especialy for the big'uns, they should put some structure in there jsut for the fishes benifit.

vauxhallmark

glenn said:
:wideyed: ohh cool, thanks!
it must get a bit booring for them just swimming in a circle, especialy for the big'uns, they should put some structure in there jsut for the fishes benifit.
I think they're mostly open water species. Most fish don't ever encounter any structures at all in their lives, only the ones that live near land, or in freshwater rivers etc..

PS I love the shoaling fish in the video!

samc

cool! i like the guy driving in there :lol: it would be cool to go for a swim in your own tank

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Arana I know it's a bit early but.... Off Topic / Chit-Chat 0