• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fenbendazole (safe-Guard) dosing calculator

PushinshrimP

I have Safe-Guard (Suspension 10%, 100 Mg/ml)
Please help me calculate a dosage per gallon for my shrimp tank to kill planaria.

Thank you!

This is the dosing for fish that I use

Attachments

• FlubendazoleTreatment.pdf
    60.8 KB · Views: 107
I don’t understand the difference between 10% powder and 10% liquid since what I have already is in liquid form.

Hi all,
Is it flubendazole or fenbendazole?
I don’t understand the difference between 10% powder and 10% liquid since what I have already is in liquid form.
It doesn't really matter what form it is in. In both cases one part in ten is the active ingredient.

I'll assume that one mL weighs one gram, so ten mL of 10% fenbendazole solution contains one mL (one gram) of fenbendazole.

For a 10% solution of fenbendazole <"the dosing"> is 0.22g for every ten gallon of tank volume.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Hi all,

It doesn't really matter what form it is in. In both cases one part in ten is the active ingredient.

I'll assume that one mL weighs one gram, so ten mL of 10% fenbendazole solution contains one mL (one gram) of fenbendazole.

For a 10% solution of fenbendazole <"the dosing"> is 0.22g for every ten gallon of tank volume.

cheers Darrel
That will teach me to skim read 😂😂

I have only ever used flubendazole (sometimes with metronidazole), to kill parasites on imported fish

Hi all,

cheers Darrel
Mine is fenbendazole.

2E8545EE-F101-4BBF-8E80-419BEAB95F70.jpeg

This is what I have.

Why would your gallons be different from my gallons? Certainly Liters would be different.
American gallons and british (imperial) gallons are different
In the Americas, a gallon is equivalent to 128 fluid ounces or 3.785 liters (American spelling). But in the UK, it's 160 fluid ounces or 4.546 litres (British spelling).

Back