• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fert Dosing Advice Required

livewire

Hello, I have a quick question.

Would my plants benefit from me dosing different types each day? at the moment I just mix my own dry salts up and dose 9ml every day, I use James Planted Tank All In One Solution which consists of the following;

48g Potassium Nitrate
2.2g Potassium Phosphate (monobasic)
17g Magnesium Sulphate Heptahydrate (Epsom Salts)
0.5g E300 Ascorbic Acid
0.2g E202 Potassium Sorbate
5g EDTA Chelated Trace Elements Mix (TNC Trace, CSM+B)
500ml distilled water

I have noticed that a lot of you dose differently throughout the week, where as I just dose the same every day, what is the difference?

Hi there,
you have an all in one fertiliser mix which includes both macro and micro elements. Many have a macro mix which contains NPK, and also a seperate micro mix which contains all the other trace elements. You have added ascorbic acid and potassium sorbate to prevent mould and precipitation of some of the fertilisers which means everything you need is 'all in one'. We are too cheap to buy the ascorbic acid and potassium sorbate ;) so mix the macro and micro separately to ensure no precipitation and therefore all the nutrients are available....in some respects all in ones are easier as you only need one bottle and you never forget which mix to dose on what day :)

Cheerio,
Ady.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back