• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fertilizing calculator @planting.peet

planting.peet

Hello aquatic fans,

I would like to share with You my own Freshwater aquarium fertilizing calculator . Let's check some screenshots below.
Of course, there exists IFC Aquarium Fertilizer Calculator on this forum, which I like a lot. It inspires me to finish mine as well, having slightly different approach.
I would say, this tool is for moderate to advanced users in fertilizing.

!!! Check quick start guide on first sheet of calculator before use !!!
More detailed description can be found on sheets Legend and History Rev.

Key features:
  • Fertilizer Calculation for 3 aquariums with 7 stock solutions and 2 dry mixes
  • Create individual fertilizing plan for each tank. It is allowed to use comercial available ferts with DIY ferts
  • Aim to target concentration with each solution or dry mix, supports also target KH / HH increase
  • Detailed analysis of each stock solution and dry fertilizer mix
  • If you are testing a bit, you can utilise long term key elements development expectation
  • Support of full translation. Currently available languages:
    • Slovak
    • English
    • ... if you are willing to support further translations, do not hesitate to contact me, you can make this tool available to more people ;)
  • Rich conditional formatting to support user focus on proper and valid data
  • ...many others, enjoy

Background:
This is Excel-based calculator initially created for my personal use, mostly to compare mine DIY fertilizers with my friends. Later also with commercially available products. Its first version was created in 2012. I spent years by adding features and improvements to these days look and features. My personal background is electrical engineering. So first revisions were double-checked by "martin_s" with chemical background, at local aquatic forum akva.sk in my country. Later revisions was checked by local community and with other available tools.
I stopped counting how many hours I spent on this tool. It would be pitty to keep it for my own. My payoff is your feedback and improvements inputs.

1715099278649.png 1715099313945.png

1715099367795.png

1715099390382.png
1715101350998.png

1715101396388.png

Disclaimer:
This calculator is a tool that calculates the concentrations of stock solutions and their effect on the stetted up tank. Also checking the safety factor and glass thickness of the tank. Those who use this tool to adjust tank fertilization and doublecheck aquarium glass thickness act at their own risk. Always follow the manufacturer's instructions and consider factors like plants selection, the maintenance method, the light intensity and duration, and many others.

Attachments

• AqCalc-V4-f.xlsx
    530.1 KB · Views: 14
Back