• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ferts & Shrimp

Lisa1

Hi

I have two tanks one larger one, one smaller one, both are well if not heavily planted, the one in question is my small tank l have just added some cherry red shrimp, but have read that they cannot tolerate copper, and some other elements which are in most ferts I just looked on the label of my ferts bottle and it has trace elements of copper, is there a brand/type l can use that will be ok for them.
:)

I seem to have the same issue.. I have a heavily planted nano and put in 10 Cherries and I have only ever seen 2 come out at once, I never see them.. and I cant find them.. is it because its a new tank?? I have had them before and they have been lively but now in my nano its like I never bought them. Their not in the filter as the filter is purposely blocked and I dont even think it would be strong enough as it is just a crappy internal filter.. does anyone have any ideas?

I thought l had lost some of mine, so convinced of it l moved the fish out of the tank, killing one on transit to bigger tank (he jumped out of the bag) Then they all reappeared apparently they hide and they hide well, l felt so bad that l killed my fish, when it had not eaten my shrimp. I got 10 in there now (bought more). I can see four but they're in there somewhere. :)

It's what shrimp do best, thought most of mine were eaten then I broke the tank down and found well over 100.
Shrimp only tanks really show off shrimp as they behave naturally and don't hide too much.
Also the greater the numbers the braver they are.

Back