• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filling up ?

Karen H

What is the best way to fill a tank up . I have just got a 250l tank, filling it up using a jug as I do with my 65l seems hard work.

Lots of easy ways :) Easiest is to hook up to an outlet with the most flow.In the States that would be our garden hose which is not typically on a regulator. I made a T out of PVC and put 22 degree fittings on the ends of the top of the T along with a few fittings and a ball valve ( plastic ones are problematic) The hose attached to the main stem of the T. It hooks onto the tank (T upside down) - open the valve and let it rip...after treating for chlorine etc. I can do 50 % water changes or move 200 gallons out and replace with new water in 45 min......no spills :)
I

I use a bilge pump which I bought from a sailing shop. To stop the water gushing into the tank I use a watering can rose attachment.

Back